Following the news that Germany will scrap all their nuclear plants by the year 2021, I must say I applaud the Germans hands down.I was reading and following the lists post about the incident and how design thinking should be changed to fit in problems like Fukushima. People were talking about systems that are compex and more than complicated. I was busy reading and let all my 10 fingers raced after my eyes could run. It was mad.
Then I deleted the entire post earlier after reading the string of posts while typing my views. It just came to me that certain problems need not go through a complex process. For 20 minutes, I fell into that trap too. If u see a complex framework that could blast our planet, what would you do?
For a Fukushima lesson, the answer is to flee and do whatever it takes to chop the entire system out. Not morphing it. The Tsunami is in us, our own thinking trap. What components within the trap is another topic. I applaud the Germans who are daring enough & have the foresight and wisdom to scrap all the nuclear plants by 2021. On many levels, all we need is just a conscience and facing the hard truth what is truly important. Then we just do it. Not hard all if one choses not to be so.
Design thinking in check. My personal gain too.
Cheers!
Karen Fu
PS: Personally I wouldn't want any kind of nuclear activity in my country, Singapore. With terrorism treat around the corner, & a more than crazy climate in the process of change; having just one nuclear reactor could be  made into a bloody bomb.
One blast and Singapore could be history. And I don't want that.

0 comments: