In the last post I've mentioned about online education. There are several colleges which are conducting online degree programs, notably the university of Wisconsin and the University of Illinois in the US. There are a long list of them online, most in the US and some off from the UK. However recently, I've stumbled upon this course by the Academy of Art University based in California appears to be the most successful online art & design college I've found that is very credible.

However there has always been debates on how effective online teaching for design education is concerned. It appears to break new ground in art and design education as far as I've seen online. I will have a further nose in when I have the time. I am curious how they conduct the lessons there. It is possible to use current Web 2.0 technology to run webinars and conduct tutorials and lectures. What I am interested to know is how they exactly run the workshop and labs.


0 comments: